Saturday 8 July 2017

IRIS! (By Vera Wang, not the Goo Goo Dolls...)

Greetings, stranger!  And by stranger, I mean me because y'know, I've gone AWOL and abandoned my blog for what feels like forever.  I only ever intended for theforbesfile to be a hobby but even at that, it can be difficult to set some meaningful time aside to write "proper" posts, especially between moving cities, buying a flat (the most stressful and emotionally draining time of my life, EVER) and lazing on the sofa stuffing my face whilst binge watching Line of Duty.

Nonetheless, if you follow me over on insta then you may have noticed a picture recently of a lovely little blue Vera Wang bottle. That, my amigos, is my new favourite perfume.  And it smells bloody delicious.

"Periwinkle and Iris" is part of the Vera Wang Embrace range and there are four flirty floral scents to choose from.  After sampling them all and smelling like some sort of tropical garden, I quickly knew this one was my fave and whapped out a pleasantly surprising £21 for my 30ml bottle.

The perfume is light but noticeable and boats a pretty sweet, even musky scent.  It's also soft, classy and I'd even go as far to say intriguing, and I think it's perfect for everyday use, especially during the summer months.  I've already had loads of compliments on it at work and every so often I catch a whiff of myself and I'm like oh yeah, I smell gooood!  Totally modestly, of course.

Come to think of it, my first thought when I smelt it for the first time was "parma violets" and what do you know, it's made from violet petals!  It's very subtle, but it occasionally brings me back to my retro-sweetie eating childhood days.

If you're looking for something fresh, feminine and just generally "ooo, what's that you're wearing?!" then I highly recommend giving this beauty a try... If you do, let me know what you think!

Rachel





Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig