Sunday 12 November 2017

Wardrobe Newbies

Hey guys, hope you’re well this cold but gloriously sunny Sunday!  I feel like winter is truly upon us now and it’s completely acceptable to be wrapping up in a big chunky scarf, woolly hat and glove combo.

I’ve been super busy since my last blog post (WE GOT A PUPPY!!), but it hasn’t stopped me from finally getting my hands on some of my long anticipated asos wish list goodies.

So I’ve jumped on the baker boy hat bandwagon because well, why wouldn’t you?  I’ve never been a huge hat person before, mainly because I didn’t think I was “cool” enough to pull them off so I didn’t have the confidence to wear them. But now, I’m still totally uncool, however I’ve just hit that stage in life where I don’t give a monkeys about what other people might think and so hat life, I am embracing you.

Another new addition are these OH SO LOVELY burgundy boots.  I love them.  Bright red boots seem to be all the rave right now, but I wanted something a little less in yo face and I thought the colour of these were perfect for Autumn/Winter.  They also go perfectly with most of my chunky knit jumpers that I’ve bought recently (or that I’ve had for years as I tell my bf), so they were a must have for me as soon as I saw them.
Lastly (and probably my favourite recent asos purchase) is this amazing checked blazer that I’ve had my eye on FOREVER.  The little bugger was out of stock in my size for weeks, but one night it magically became available again and I checked my basket out so fast I didn’t even bother my stingey self to look for a discount code.  Miracles do happen.

The blazer is £60 which is a little more expensive than some other checked blazers currently on the market, but once you feel it in person you know why.  It’s super thick, pretty heavy and just feels like a real good quality jacket.  It also has some subtle burgundy colouring throughout which I love (not to mention it goes perfect with my new boots), so it’s definitely one of my most favourite buys in a long time.

I ordered the jacket in a size smaller than I normally would and even then, it’s still pretty oversized, so just bear that in mind if you decide you want to give it a try.

So there it is, a few recent asos pieces that I obviously had to share with you.  There's links to them below or they're also on my blog wish list if you fancy a nosey.

Does anyone else share my mentality that if something you like becomes available only in your size, then it’s fate and obviously you have to buy it?  That’s my excuse anyway and I’m sticking to it.

Anyhoo, enjoy the snaps!

Rachel x






Blazer - asos
Boots - asos
Hat - asos
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig