Sunday 5 June 2016

WELCOME TO THE WARDROBE

Well hey there!  So I've been pretty shocking at blogging recently and you might notice that my last post was a few weeks ago.  If you follow me over on Instagram you'll have seen that I've been pretty busy, but still, that's a poor excuse I know!  I've been partying it up at a friends' hen-do in Newcastle, ruining my liver at weddings and work related awards ceremonies, and the real time consumer has been organising a new flat because my friends, I'm moving to Edinburgh!  (Excited is an understatement!)  The big move is on the 4th July so things will continue to be a bit hectic until then, but I promise I'll make more time for writing and I can't wait to get snappin' in the beautiful cobbled streets of the Capital.

Moving on and before I get totally side-tracked and waffle on about how much I love Edinburgh, I thought I would share a few of my recent purchases with you.  I don't know about you, but I often struggle to find an outfit that's suitable for lunch with friends and any "smart but casual" occasion, so I think these pieces work great together if that's what your after.  Of course, I love a bit of versatile clothing and these lovelies are great to be mixed and matched with, well, anything!

The blouse is from River Island and was a real bargain at £20 in the sale.  I'm a sucker for a pretty blouse, especially one with a collar, so this was right up my street and I knew it would look great with pretty much anything.

The jeans were another bargain (£15 from TKMaxx!) that I have to say I'm pretty chuffed with.  For some reason, TK is never a shop that I'm normally in but after hearing some great things, I thought I would venture in and take a look for myself.  I managed to pick up a few things that I didn't need (but loved) and I will definitely be paying them another visit the next time I'm shopping.

And finally, the heels!  These Hailey heels are from Public Desire and I LOVE them!  They look bloomin' amazing with everything - Jeans, smart trousers, jumpsuits - You name it.  The straps on them are also pretty long so you have a few options of how to wear them, depending on what you fancy, ie. Around your ankle or further up your leg if you, like me, love the strappy look.  As if that wasn't enough, these beauties are also incredibly comfortable so they're perfect for dancing the night away and pretending you're Beyonce (surely I'm not the only one who thinks this after a few vinos?)

I hope you like my recent buys but I'd love to hear form you... What is your go-to smart/casual wardrobe essentials?  Do you have a particular piece that you love for mix-matching dependent on the occasion?  Let me know!

Rachel



Jeans - (Shop similar) TK Maxx

Shoes - Public Desire


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig